Monday 23 December 2013

About A Swap? Today in an Envelope.


I have in the past written mostly about art ive seen and swaps that I have received, this time though I figured I would comment about an idea for a swap that I am taking part in. Its rare that I find a swap that I think is pretty inspired thinking but I found one.

A Day in an Envelope

The host was really content to suggest ideas for things but didnt set a minimum commitment or a maximum, that meant the sky was the limit. Theres a healthy compete date too, which gives folks a great chance to find the right day to write about.
For me I chose Sunday 22nd December. Why? because that sunday seemed to have a roller coaster of things come out of the blue. We had our usual Roleplay table top game cancelled, someone had family commitments, I was very sad for a time then out of the blue my Mr. said I could host a game for everyone. I love story telling. So a surprize game happened instead.
We had our Christmas shop, which we were supposed to do on the Saturday but failed to do because the city center was hell. Lots of folk this year left it while the last moment-

But enough about how I completed this swap, I just wanted to comment on the creative idea.
The host suggests things like adding a candy wrapper, talking about the last song you heard and writing a letter about what happened etc. they gave lots of options to the participants.
I think having seen this. Day in an envelope is something that will sit in my mind as a great idea swaps in future and I heartily encourage other swaps to consider it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment