Friday 27 December 2013

Rocket Ships

I sat looking at the main swap-bot group feed and thinking about this blog, what could I talk about. Then I caught a glimpse of this image. In small for a moment I believed it was a rocket ship, then on closer look I realised it was a bird, a Gannet viewed from an unusual angle, the ring of stars and the ticket stubs however didnt change my mind though. I had to look twice.

I am not certain if this was for a swap or just an random act of crafting by a very talented swap-botter. It was totally worthy of an mention here among my mail box ramblings. It has a very clever use of a very small selection of carfully cut out pieces. Good proof you do not need to build up hundreds of layers to get an collage image right.

Please do go and have a visit to Mandy Fariello's Flickr Gallery here for a closer look at this collage.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for enjoying my postcard! Very often I use many bits, but in this case it only needed a few to be effective.
    Now I'm off to read the rest of your blog...Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the ossum work FarStarr <3

    ReplyDelete